Ramle guard admits he killed his relatives

Suspect allegedly wrote details of attack on his computer before arrest; tennager stabbed to death.

April 25, 2008 14:31
2 minute read.


Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

Police believe the Ramle security guard arrested on suspicion of murdering his grandmother, aunt and uncle after he arrived home from a overnight shift on Friday morning, wrote an account of the slayings on his computer before police arrived at the scene. The suspect confessed to murdering 89-year-old Ginda Diobkin, Bella Litrovnikov, 54, and her husband, Boris, 56. An initial investigation by police revealed that the killings occurred during an argument. According to police, the suspect had gone grocery shopping after returning from a shift at a cellular phone company on Friday morning. When he arrived at the apartment, he found his grandmother, who lived at the apartment, and his aunt and uncle, who live nearby. An argument began that eventually came to blows. The suspect then allegedly pulled out his work-issue handgun and shot his three relatives in the head. He has spoken sparingly to authorities since his arrest on Friday afternoon, according to police. "He hasn't said much at all," a police spokesman said. "He did tell us to check his computer, and that there we'd find everything." Responding to reports of gunfire around 1 p.m. on Friday, police arrived at Rehov Yair Stern and found a man bleeding in the stairwell who told them he had been shot when he went to investigate sounds of gunfire emanating from the neighboring apartment. When police knocked on the door, the suspect came out with his hands held out to be handcuffed. "Inside they found the three bodies," the police spokesman said. Police were looking into reports that the shooting was a result of a financial dispute between the suspect and his grandmother. They were also investigating whether the shooter was mentally disabled. "We know from his friends and co-workers that there was an ongoing argument about the apartment," the police spokesman said. "Apparently the family wanted the grandmother to leave, and he wanted her to stay. It's not exactly clear, but it seems he wanted to have control over the apartment." Police have not released details on what they found on the computer. That information, along with the time it was written, will shed light on the suspect's motives and on whether the attack was planned in advance. Chief investigator Tomer Cohen said the murder was apparently premeditated. At the time of his arrest, police found two guns in the man's possession. In another incident on a violent weekend, 17-year-old Lod resident Ya'acov Geta was stabbed to death in an early-Saturday morning brawl outside a nightclub in Rishon Lezion's old industrial zone, police said. Geta was taken to Assaf Harofeh Hospital in Tzrifin in critical condition and later died of his wounds. Police were searching for the attackers and were questioning eight possible eyewitnesses. "We still don't have a motive," a police spokesman told The Jerusalem Post. "We know it was possibly over a girlfriend, or over something that happened in one of the clubs." Earlier Friday, the body of a 40-year-old homeless man was found near a shelter in Jaffa. According to the preliminary police investigation, the man was killed in a fight with two other homeless people. The police arrested a man, 45, and a woman, 31, who were found near the body and were suspected of involvement in the murder.

Related Content

Jisr az-Zarq
April 3, 2014
Residents of Jisr az-Zarqa beckon Israel Trail hikers to enjoy their town