Two indicted for teen's murder

June 24, 2006 23:28


Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analysis from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief


Two Rahat residents were indicted Friday for the gruesome murder of 16-year-old Kiryat Gat resident Mika Tefago. Details of the murder were released on Friday when Beersheba District Court lifted a two-month-old gag order following the indictments of Ahmed Abu Musa, 21, and Muhammad Al Huzayl, 27. According to the police account, Tefago met the two in an Ashdod nightclub and accepted a ride home from them. The pair then beat Tefago, murdered her and burned her body. Children playing in Rahat discovered the body in an open area in the Beduin town north of Beersheba. Police were unable to identify the badly disfigured body, but two days later, Tefago's concerned family members reported she was missing. She lived with her mother after the two immigrated from Ethiopia five years ago. In the course of their investigation, led by the elite Negev Subdistrict Central Investigative Unit, police used advanced technology, including DNA testing, to try and crack the case and bring suspects to trial. But ultimately, it was a relatively low-tech method that cracked the case. Police recovered videos filmed at the Ashdod night club showing Tefago leaving with the suspects.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Jisr az-Zarq
April 3, 2014
Residents of Jisr az-Zarqa beckon Israel Trail hikers to enjoy their town