Ouch!

A Ra'anana groom had a limp end to his wedding night when the traditional glass he broke under the huppa pierced his shoe and penetrated his foot, reports Kol Ra'anan.

By MIRIAM BULWAR DAVID-HAY
October 25, 2007 10:10

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

A Ra'anana groom had a limp end to his wedding night when the traditional glass he broke under the huppa pierced his shoe and penetrated his foot, reports Kol Ra'anan. The man was reportedly surprised to feel a sharp pain when he trod on the glass, and after a few moments noticed that his sock and shoe were soaked in blood and that the sole of his shoe had a large tear in it. A doctor who was among the wedding guests bandaged the wound, and the groom spent the next few hours limping painfully at his reception, unable even to perform the traditional wedding dance with his bride. At the end of the evening, the unhappy couple went to hospital, where doctors discovered that a shard of glass had penetrated 1.5 cm into the man's foot. They removed it under local anesthetic and treated the injury. The couple is now reportedly suing the reception center for NIS 23,000 for physical and mental suffering, claiming it was responsible for wrapping the glass in aluminum foil, rather than the traditional - and more protective - cloth.

Related Content

JERUSALEM: RESETTLED upon its desolation
December 19, 2010
Vying for control of the Temple Mount – on Foursquare

By SHARON UDASIN