2 Australian contractors killed in Iraq

By
July 15, 2007 13:07

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

Two Australian contractors were killed and another wounded in Iraq when the vehicle they were traveling in was hit by an explosive device, the department of foreign affairs said Sunday. A 38-year-old man and a 34-year-old man, both from Queensland state, were killed in the attack, which occurred about 8 kilometers southeast of Baghdad, the department said. Another 38-year-old man, also from Queensland, was wounded in the attack. The three men, whose identities were not immediately released, had been working for BLP International, a private company based in the United Arab Emirates which provides private security services.

Related Content

Hassan Nasrallah
August 19, 2018
Houthi rebels meet with Hezbollah's Hassan Nasrallah

By ANNA AHRONHEIM