2 gunmen wanted in Sinai terror blasts killed

By
April 30, 2006 22:32

Security forces killed two gunmen Sunday in the continued sweep through central Sinai for suspects in last week's terrorist bombings in the rugged peninsula, police said. A third suspect was reported killed late Saturday as the five-hour gun battle began. The men were wanted for questioning in the Dahab bombings and two suicide bombings two days later that targeted international peacekeepers and police in northern Sinai near the border with Gaza. The officials said the suspects were also wanted in connection with bombings in the Sinai resorts of Taba and Ras Sahtan in October 2004 and in Sharm el-Sheik in July 2005.


Related Content

June 22, 2018
Syria's Assad defies U.S., presses southwest assault

By REUTERS