Abbas: New security plan must be implemented

By
May 15, 2007 12:22

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

Palestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud Abbas on Tuesday called for the immediate implementation of the government's security plan to halt internal fighting raging in Gaza. Abbas said the Palestinians' first priority is to end lawlessness and chaos. "We must do that by implementing the security plan, without any reluctance or delay, to put an end to civil strife and the ghost of internal fighting," he said. He also said the Palestinians have been adhering to a recent US benchmark document which calls on the Palestinians to step up efforts to halt rocket fire on Israel. Abbas said Israel has rejected the document. However, rocket fire has not stopped since the plan was submitted earlier this month.

Related Content

July 16, 2018
Mass protests sweep Iraq, target pro-Iran militias and parties

By SETH J. FRANTZMAN