Arab League rejects Olmert's offer for talks

By JPOST.COM STAFF
May 19, 2007 02:22

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

Arab League Secretary Amr Moussa has rejected Prime Minister Ehud Olmert's offer to meet with Arab leaders to discuss the Saudi Peace Initiative, Israel Radio reported overnight Friday. According to Moussa, Olmert's proposal from Petra last week to meet with leaders without set conditions, was a "trick" that "[the Arab League] has already been witness to in the past." Moussa, who was speaking at Jordan's National Finance Forum, said that to date, Israel has not given any answer that could be interpreted as an outstretched hand for peace. A serious answer, he said, could pave the road for negotiations.

Related Content

August 17, 2018
Yazidi leader killed in air strike by Turkey four years after genocide

By SETH J. FRANTZMAN