At least 14 reportedly killed in US attack in Baghdad

By
September 6, 2007 09:53

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

At least 14 people were killed early Thursday in a US attack on a western Baghdad neighborhood, police and residents said. The US command in Baghdad said it was aware of the report but had no immediate comment. The early-morning attack came in the Washash area, next to the Mansour district of Baghdad, where several houses along a block showed signs of damage on Thursday. Residents reported hearing explosions at around 3 a.m. that then went on for about 45 minutes to an hour. A police officer, speaking on condition of anonymity for security reasons, said US helicopters had attacked the area, killing 14 civilians and injuring 10 others. On the scene, however, residents said they thought it had been a mortar attack and said 27 people had been killed. Some said US airplanes were involved.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

A general view of the attack during the military parade in Ahvaz, Iran, 2018
September 22, 2018
Iran regime fears foreign support for minority groups after attack

By SETH J. FRANTZMAN