Body pulled out of collapsed tunnel in Gaza Strip

By
February 27, 2007 19:03

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

Palestinian security officials on Tuesday pulled the body of a Palestinian man out of a tunnel along the Egyptian border that collapsed earlier this week. The 9-meter deep tunnel collapsed on Sunday near the border town of Rafah. Four men were rescued at the time. On Tuesday, the body of a 20-year-old man was pulled out of the rubble after his family told officials he had been missing for several days. Security officials said they could not confirm what the tunnel was used for. But Palestinians frequently smuggle weapons and contraband into the Gaza Strip from Egypt through tunnels. Israel has complained that Palestinian militant groups smuggle in explosives, used against nearby Israeli towns. Israel withdrew from the Gaza Strip in September 2005.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Jordan's King Abdullah II (R) greets Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu
October 21, 2018
King Abdullah declines to renew part of Jordan's peace deal with Israel

By HERB KEINON