Damascus Hamas leader: No new Shalit developments

By JPOST.COM STAFF
August 30, 2006 12:30

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analysis from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

Damascus-based Hamas leader Moussa Abu Marzouk clarified on Wednesday that no new developments had been made in negotiations for the release of kidnapped IDF soldier Cpl. Gilad Shalit, despite the fact that, he said, many mediators were involved in efforts to free him, Army Radio reported. Abu Marzouk said in an interview with Al-Hayat that his organization was studying Hizbullah's modes of operation and that it intended to apply them in Gaza, particularly in the area of attacks on planes and tanks. In his words, the failure of Israel in Lebanon has filled his organization with faith in the resistance movements' abilities in their struggle with Israel.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

The aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN 72) sails in the Indian Ocean near Indonesia, February
May 22, 2019
Potential Iranian attacks against Americans have been 'put on hold' - U.S. official

By ZACHARY KEYSER