Deadly mortar barrage hits Baghdad neighborhood

By
February 26, 2006 18:33

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

Mortars slammed into a crowded Baghdad neighborhood Sunday, killing at least nine civilians and injuring 43, police said At least seven mortar rounds hit in Dora, a predominantly Sunni Arab district and one of the most dangerous parts of the city, police 1st Lt. Maitham Abdul-Razzaq said. Dozens of victims were rushed to Baghdad's Al-Yarmouk hospital. The deadly barrage came as restrictions eased in Baghdad, which had been under lockdown for two days after the bombing of a revered Shiiite shrine unleashed a torrent of sectarian violence across the country. Pedestrians were allowed to venture out, but most vehicles were barred in city streets Sunday.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

A couple watches the fighting in Syria from Tel Saqi, July 2018
November 17, 2018
Syria claims it has killed ISIS commander in new offensive

By SETH J. FRANTZMAN