EU: Violence in PA won't affect urgent aid

By
March 15, 2006 02:26

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

The European Union condemned widespread violence in the West Bank on Tuesday, but said neither the attacks on EU offices in Gaza City nor the kidnapping of at least 10 foreigners would affect urgent aid granted to Palestinians last month before a Hamas-led government takes office. The EU agreed to grant a $143-million emergency package to the Palestinian Authority that will pay its bills for two months. But it remained undecided Tuesday on future payments to the Palestinians. "The 120 million are there ... We want to meet the challenges of the Palestinian people," said EU External relations Commissioner Benita Ferrero-Waldner after meeting with Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

November 17, 2018
CIA believes Saudi crown prince ordered journalist's killing

By REUTERS