Egyptian FM: Breakthrough has been made on Shalit

By JPOST.COM STAFF
September 21, 2006 09:09

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

Egypt's foreign minister, Ahmad Abul Gheit, said Thursday morning that a breakthrough had been made in negotiations over the release of kidnapped soldier Gilad Shalit. Abul Gheit told the Al-Arabiyya televison channel that hundreds of Palestinian prisoners would be released from Israeli custody under the potential deal, but did not elaborate further.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

US PRESIDENT Donald Trump speaks with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan in July 2018
December 15, 2018
Trump speaks to Turkish President Erdogan to avert Syria crises

By SETH J. FRANTZMAN