Egyptian forces kill 3 suspects in Sinai sweep

By
May 1, 2006 20:08

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

Security forces on Monday killed three suspects wanted in last week's deadly terrorist bombings that killed at least 21 people in Dahab, a coastal Sinai Peninsula resort, officials said. A policeman also died in the gunfight near the village of Risan, according to security and police officials who declined to give their names. Egyptian authorities have laid blame for the attacks on local terrorists, pointing the finger at disaffected Bedouin tribesmen who inhabit the peninsula. Terrorism experts, however, has said the attackers more likely were from al-Qaida linked terrorists cells that are given shelter by the semi-nomadic Bedouins. The three terror suspects killed Monday brought to six the number of wanted men killed in the past three days as Egyptian authorities continued their sweep through the barren, mountainous and forbidding Sinai interior looking for suspects linked to the bombing.

Related Content

August 15, 2018
Iran Supreme Leader admits mistake regarding nuclear talks

By REUTERS