Explosion in Lebanon schoolyard wounds four-year-old Palestinian girl

October 16, 2007 12:28


Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

A grenade detonator went off Tuesday at a school in northern Lebanon, chopping off two of a four-year-old Palestinian girl's fingers and lightly wounding a young man who was next to her, security officials said. The explosion occurred as Malak Toufic Sharaf, a girl who fled with her family from the recent fighting in the Palestinian refugee camp of Nahr el-Bared, was toying with the detonator at al-Salam school in Tripoli, the officials said. The school is housing dozens of Palestinian refugees from the camp, the officials said, adding that authorities were investigating how Sharaf got the detonator. The other Palestinian, Suleiman Mohammed Abul-Hajal, 18, was wounded in the ear as he passed.

Related Content

Israel Rescues White Helmets from Syria July 22
July 22, 2018
Israel evacuates hundreds of Syrian White Helmets in humanitarian effort