German woman missing in Iraq, believed abducted

By
November 29, 2005 04:58

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

A German woman has been missing in Iraq since Friday and a special crisis team has been set up to secure her safe return, Foreign Ministry spokesman Martin Jaeger said Tuesday. Germany's ARD television reported the woman had been kidnapped and posted pictures allegedly showing the blindfolded woman with her captors, one armed with a rocket propelled grenade, that it said were taken from a video demanding Germany stop any dealings with Iraq's government. Germany has ruled out sending troops to Iraq and opposed the US-led war. It was not immediately clear what the woman was doing in Iraq. Her name was not released. Jaeger would only say that the woman was missing.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

 From nuclear center, Netanyahu warns those threatening to destroy Israel (August 30, 2018).
September 20, 2018
Israel nuclear chief: We are upgrading defenses at Dimona reactor

By YVETTE J. DEANE