Malaysia delays dispatch of UNIFIL troops

By
November 4, 2006 13:09

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

Malaysia said Saturday it is delaying its deployment of peacekeeping troops to Lebanon until the end of the year, a news report said. Defense Forces Chief Anwar Mohamad Nor said the 360 Malaysian forces are set to begin their duties with the United Nations peacekeeping mission shortly after Jan. 15, and that their journey to Lebanon should take 24 days by sea, the national news agency Bernama reported. Officials last month said the Malaysian deployment would leave for Lebanon on Nov. 5. Anwar did not specify a new departure date nor give a reason for the delay. Defense officials could not immediately be reached for comment. About 200 of the troops are expected to take up administrative duties at the headquarters of the UN Interim Force in Lebanon, while the rest will be part of a rapid reaction force, officials have said.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

A general view of the attack during the military parade in Ahvaz, Iran, 2018
September 22, 2018
Dozens killed in Iran terror attack, official blames US and Mossad

By REUTERS, SAMUEL THROPE