Nasrallah refuses to say if reservists are alive

By JPOST.COM STAFF
July 23, 2007 21:29

Hizbullah Chief Hassan Nasrallah refused Monday to say whether kidnapped reservists Ehud Goldwasser and Eldad Regev are alive. "The French foreign minister understood that they are alive, but our people do not tend to answer questions of this kind," said Nasrallah in an interview with Al Jazeera, broadcast by Qatari-based satellite television. The head of the terror organization was referring to a recent statement made by France's Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner who said that he "understood" the soldiers were alive after talks with Hizbullah officials in Paris last week. Nasrallah claimed that he was the sole official authorized to give details in the matter and added that "for every utterance such as this we can receive human compensation, and therefore there is no reason that we would give information for free."


Related Content

May 25, 2018
Iran pressures Europe to speed up plans to save nuclear deal

By REUTERS