PA interior minister threatens to resign

By
April 23, 2007 12:35

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

The top Palestinian Authority security official has threatened to resign because of lack of progress in reforming the security forces, a government official said Monday. Interior Minister Hani Kawasmeh's threat to step down was to be discussed at a Cabinet meeting later Monday, the government official said on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to brief reporters on the issue. Earlier this month, the Cabinet approved a plan proposed by Kawasmeh to reform the security forces and fight growing lawlessness in the Palestinian territories. However, no progress has been made in carrying out the reforms. Kawasmeh has also complained that he has not been given sufficient decision-making powers, the official said.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

A general view of the attack during the military parade in Ahvaz, Iran, 2018
September 22, 2018
Dozens killed in Iran terror attack during military parade

By REUTERS, SAMUEL THROPE