Qatar will host OPEC meeting on Thursday

By
October 16, 2006 01:53

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

Qatar confirmed Sunday that it will host a meeting of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries on Thursday. Qatar's Energy Minister Abdullah bin Hamad al-Attiyah told reporters that ministers at the OPEC meeting would review the market situation and discuss production quotas. Al-Attiyah told the Qatar News Agency that OPEC members also will talk about "the possibility of reducing total oil output by 1 million barrels a day to stop any further decline in prices." Last week, OPEC President and Nigeria Oil Minister Edmund Daukoru said members had agreed to trim global production by 1 million barrels a day to boost prices. At the time, Daukoru also said the group was considering holding an emergency meeting to discuss how to share the cuts.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Protest ISIS UK
September 24, 2018
ISIS video claims attack on Iran, Iran still blames US

By SETH J. FRANTZMAN