Saudi Arabia beheads 2 Pakistani heroin smugglers

By
August 21, 2008 13:22

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analysis from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

The Saudi Interior Ministry says two Pakistani nationals convicted of smuggling heroin into the country have been executed in the eastern city of Dammam. A ministry statement carried Thursday by the official Saudi Press Agency says Shir-Zada Sahib-Zada Qul brought the drug into the country and Youssef-Khan Nour Mohammed received it. It did not say when. Saudi Arabia follows a strict interpretation of Islam under which people convicted of murder, drug trafficking, rape and armed robbery can be executed, usually by sword. According to an Associated Press count, Thursday's executions bring to 63 the number of people beheaded this year in the kingdom. Last year, 137 people were beheaded, up sharply from 38 in 2006.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Egyptian Army's Armoured Vehicles are seen on a highway to North Sinai during a launch of a major as
July 18, 2019
Two killed in suicide bombing, four beheaded in Sinai, sources say

By REUTERS

Cookie Settings