Rescue workers called off the search for survivors Friday at a UN building in Algeria that was blasted apart by a suicide bomber this week, an official said.
The official death toll from the Interior Ministry stood at 37 from the bombing at the UN offices and another at almost the same moment at an Algerian government building Tuesday. Al-Qaida's self-styled North African branch has claimed responsibility.
Rescue teams had already stopped combing through the debris of the Algerian Constitutional Council building, and Lt. Nacer Boucherifa of the civil defense service told Algerian national radio that efforts to find survivors ended Friday at the UN building.
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>