Man murders girlfriend after she revealed affair

After five days, the suspect called police and told them he had murdered the woman, informing the officers where to find the body.

September 15, 2011 04:23
1 minute read.
Police and ZAKA in Hod Hasharon

Police in Hod Hasharon 311. (photo credit: Zaka / Anshil Za'ak)


Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

A 32-year-old woman found dead in her Petah Tikva home last week beside flowers and a love note addressed to her was murdered by her boyfriend, police announced on Wednesday, following the lifting of a media ban.

The murder suspect, 46- year-old Vitali Michaelov, said he stabbed the woman to death with a kitchen knife after she informed of him of an affair. He left the body in the home and fled to his work place, a glazing workshop.

Be the first to know - Join our Facebook page.

2 men suspected of murdering woman on Ashdod beach
Master Chef contestant arrested on suspicion of murder

After five days, Michaelov called police and told them he had murdered the woman, informing the officers where to find the body. He became infuriated after officers failed to arrive at the address, and called again the following day, a Kfar Saba Magistrate’s Court heard.

Police set up an inquiry to examine why two phone calls were required for a patrol car to be dispatched to the address.

Liran Friedland, the suspect’s attorney, said her client was romantically involved for half a year, and had lost control after hearing of the affair.

The court extended his custody by a week.

Related Content

August 31, 2014
Rioting resumes throughout east Jerusalem Saturday night