Police: Woman stabbed to death by husband in North

29-year-old woman dies in suspected murder-suicide attempt in Kiryat Motzkin; man notified his brother who called police, MDA.

April 3, 2011 13:20
1 minute read.
Crime scene [illustrative photo]

Kalansawa shooting police 311. (photo credit: Courtesy)


Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analysis from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief


A 29-year-old woman was fatally stabbed by her husband on Sunday in Kirtat Motzkin, police said.

The murder suspect, 35, attempted to overdose on unspecified pills after allegedly stabbing his wife repeatedly in the stomach.

4 suspects in Tel Baruch murder convicted
Jaffa: Assailant stabs IDF soldier, tries to steal gun

The man notified his brother of his actions, who then contacted emergency services.

Magen David Adom paramedics were the first on the scene, and attempted unsuccessfully to revive the woman.

Both were lying on the living room floor, covered by a blanket.

Large numbers of police arrived on the murder scene, and arrested the husband.

He was taken for questioning. Later on Sunday, he was treated by paramedics after complaining of feeling unwell.

As the suspect was questioned at a police station, forensic officers and homicide detectives on the scene, headed by Asst.-Cmdr. Jamak Hakush, continued the homicide investigation.

Police said letters appear to have been left behind by the husband.

The couple had no children, police added.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

August 31, 2014
Rioting resumes throughout east Jerusalem Saturday night


Cookie Settings