Emanuel Rosen 370.
(photo credit: Wikimedia Commons)
Police said Sunday there is sufficient evidence to charge former journalist
Immanuel Rosen with sexual harassment almost six months after they began
The National Fraud Investigative unit said Sunday that
they have finished the investigation and passed the material on to the central
branch of the District Attorney’s office.
In July, Rosen was investigated
by police for nine hours under caution, following a bombshell report in Haaretz
in April that he had been accused of a series of sex crimes by women who worked
with him in the past.
At the time, Rosen’s media adviser Ronen Moshe said
“we welcome the opportunity for Emmanuel to present his version of events and
for the truth to be determined by facts and not rumors and wild incitement. We
trust in the police and call for them to unearth the truth.”
Rosen’s attorneys Yaron London and Lior Epstein said that the question that
stands is how much evidence is there for the crime of sexual harassment, which
is based on whether or not he was in a position of authority.
remember where we are now, considering where we began with the first severe
allegations that were published in the media and didn’t pan out and now we have
a case without a police complaint,” they said, adding that the case deals with
“courtship and flirting” and is not a police matter.
Sunday’s report by
police means that Rosen would potentially face much weaker charges than those
made by women who worked with him, including obsessive sexual harassment and
sexual assault. Others quoted in the Haaretz report said that Rosen could be
charged with rape.
The news on Sunday came four days after former TV
newsman Sharon Gal was questioned under caution by the same unit as Rosen for
sexual harassment allegations.