Heftsiba 88 298.
(photo credit: Ariel Jerozolimski)
The Industry, Trade and Labor Ministry, in cooperation with the Consumer Council, has contacted all the relevant organizations and bodies that can provide assistance and advice to buyers of collapsed Heftsiba projects and Minister Eli Yishai put together a focused list of all public bodies to which Heftsiba buyers may turn to find out their rights.
Included on the list are:
1) The Bank of Israel's division of the supervision of banks, where calls from the public and calls from Heftsiba buyers will be taken regarding clarification of information and complaints or other problems regarding the banks that are involved; (02) 655-2680 or fax (02) 655-2668.
2) The Contractors Association will assist subcontractors, Heftsiba buyers and consumers interested in buying a property in the future who need advice on how to secure their money; (03) 567-1200 or www.acb.org.il.
3) The Israel Bar Association will hold a discussion meeting September 9 in Tel Aviv on "Heftsiba's collapse and the consequences for the buyers." The meeting will be open to the public and all Heftsiba victims; (03) 695-1891.
4) The Israel Small and Medium Enterprises Authority is referring callers to the Center for Development and Enterprise to receive information on the assistance and advice to which they are entitled; (03) 796-8100.
5) The Industry, Trade and Labor Ministry and the Consumer Council are operating a telephone help line (02) 666-2590 between 10:00 and 13:00 to provide information on all developments regarding the Heftsiba affair and the bodies involved that can assist the buyers.
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>