A 45-year-old man from Haifa, who was convicted in the past of causing death by negligent driving, and who has been banned from driving for life, was caught by police driving again on Saturday night.
In 1999, the suspect was involved in a hit-and-run accident, striking and killing a pedestrian as he drove a truck, and fleeing the scene, police spokesman Ch.-Supt. Eran Shaked told The Jerusalem Post
. He was later caught. The suspect accumulated no fewer than 58 traffic violations, and had been involved in four different accidents, Shaked said.
As a result, a Traffic Court banned the man from ever driving again.
Previously, his license had been revoked three times. But that did not stop him from getting behind the wheel on Saturday night, police said.