BREAKING NEWS

IKEA fire caused by sign's electrical failure, report finds

Faulty wiring was the cause of a February fire that burned the Netanya IKEA building to the ground, a committee established by Public Security Minister Yizhak Aharonovitch determined Tuesday.
Following the fire, Aharonovitch ordered an investigation to both establish the cause and to determine current fire safety standards at the site. The committee pinpointed the blaze's source to the building's exterior roof signage, where faulty wiring in the lights caused the first spark.
The report also detailed a series of oversights in the building's fire-certification testing and maintenance standards, all of which contributed to the devastating extent of the blaze.
Subscribe for our daily newsletter
Subscribe for our daily newsletter

By subscribing I accept the terms of use

Read all Tweets >