BREAKING NEWS

Libyan military court says drops case of general's killing

BENGHAZI - A Libyan military court said on Wednesday it would no longer handle the case investigating the killing of a top rebel field commander in last year's war, after the questioning of the country's former insurgent leader sparked protests.
Military prosecutors last week told wartime rebel leader Mustafa Abdel Jalil not to leave the country after questioning him over the killing of Abdel Fattah Younes.
That spurred widespread criticism as well as protests in support of Jalil in Tripoli that continued on Wednesday, with roads in several areas of the capital closed off.
Subscribe for our daily newsletter
Subscribe for our daily newsletter

By subscribing I accept the terms of use and privacy policy