Toddler dies, father badly wounded in apartment fire

A toddler died in a fire that broke out in an apartment in Rosh Ha'ayin overnight Wednesday, and her father, who tried to rescue her, was badly wounded.
Firefighters suspect an electrical fault in the apartment may have set off the blaze. Neighbors cut through bars on the apartment's windows to try and rescue family members trapped inside.
The toddler, a girl aged around three, was found by paramedics without breath or pulse. Her mother and two brothers were lightly injured. A further 22 people were lightly injured from smoke inhalation.
Subscribe for our daily newsletter
Subscribe for our daily newsletter

By subscribing I accept the terms of use and privacy policy