BREAKING NEWS

Turkey says NATO to take charge of Libya operation

ANKARA - Command of Western military operations in Libya will be transferred from the United States to NATO within a day or two, Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu said on Thursday.
"Compromise has been reached in principle in a very short time," Davutoglu told reporters. "The operation will be handed over to NATO completely."
He said this would happen as soon as possible, within one or two days. Agreement had been reached in a teleconference with his counterparts from the United States, France and Britain.
Subscribe for our daily newsletter
Subscribe for our daily newsletter

By subscribing I accept the terms of use and privacy policy

Read all Tweets >