By JERUSALEM POST STAFFPublished: APRIL 29, 2007 16:47Advertisement
Seven Chinese oil workers and two other African civilians were released Sunday by an Ethiopian rebel group that attacked a Chinese oil exploration facility last week, a Red Cross spokesman said.
Patrick Megevand, spokesman for the International Committee of the Red Cross in Ethiopia, said the men were released at 2:30 p.m., but declined to provide any other details.
"They've been handed over to the ICRC, they are still on their way to Degado or Jijiga," he said.
Officials at the Chinese embassay to Ethiopia said they could not provide any immediate information on the report.
var cont = `Sign up for The Jerusalem Post Premium Plus for just $5
Upgrade your reading experience with an ad-free environment and exclusive content