Scorpion stings 12-year-old girl who was shopping at Wal-Mart

One young shopper at a Wal-Mart in West Virginia had to watch out for more than falling prices. A 12-year-old girl picking up a seedless watermelon from a bin was stung Sunday by a tan, inch-long scorpion that had apparently stowed away in a shipment from Mexico. Megan Templeton, of Barboursville, was taken to the hospital as a precaution but later released. Her father, William Templeton, said the pain was a little worse than a bee sting. He initially did not believe his daughter when she said she had been stung by a scorpion, but then he saw the it scurry underneath a box. It was captured by Wal-Mart employees.