A suicide bomb attack at an outdoor dog fighting competition killed 80 people and wounded dozens more Sunday, an Afghan governor said, in what appeared to be the deadliest attack in Afghanistan since the fall of the Taliban in 2001. More than 300 people including several Afghan militia leaders had gathered to watch the event on the western edge of the southern city of Kandahar. Kandahar Gov. Asadullah Khalid said 80 had been killed. Abdullah Fahim, a Health Ministry spokesman, said 67 had been killed and 90 wounded, though he said the toll could rise. Kandahar - the Taliban's former stronghold and Afghanistan's second-largest city - is one of the country's largest opium poppy producing regions. The province has been the scene of fierce battles between Taliban fighters and NATO forces, primarily from Canada and the United States, over the past two years.