The German Foreign Ministry says two German workers kidnapped over a month ago in Nigeria have been released. Ministry spokesman Andreas Peschke says the two, who were kidnapped on July 11, were released Thursday evening. Peschke said in a statement Friday that the pair were being given medical treatment and are doing well "considering the circumstances." Both were employed by a local affiliate of German construction company Bilfinger Berger. The main militant group in Nigeria said Thursday that the two Germans would be freed. The Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta rescinded a threat against the construction company - which it said had been a ruse to put criminals holding the workers off their guard.