Iran's foreign minister on Wednesday rejected sanctions as an effective means to dissuade Teheran from pursuing its uranium enrichment program and dismissed threats of military strikes. "We don't think there is any chance of a military strike" either from the US or Israel, Manouchehr Mottaki said. A threat made last week by Transportation Minister Shaul Mofaz is "not serious," Mottaki told reporters. And the US, mired in Iraq, does not have the capacity, he suggested. "The last strikes in the region serve as an example," Mottaki said, apparently referring to US action in Iraq.