CBS: 152,000 Christians living in Israel, mostly in Jerusalem and the North

The Central Bureau of Statistics (CBS) released its data on Christians living in Israel as it does every year come Christmas time. As of December 2007, 152,000 Christians live in the Holy Land and they comprise 2.1 percent of the total population. 80% of Israel's Christian residents are Israeli Arabs and most of the remaining 20% are Christian relatives of Jewish families which made aliyah from the Former Soviet Union. About three quarters of Israeli Christians live in the Galilee and the North, while 11% are residents of Jerusalem.