Four people treated for snakebites

Nahariya: 3-year-old in serious condition after being bitten in bed; hospital cares for 3 other victims.

snake bites 224.88 (photo credit: Piet Spaans)
snake bites 224.88
(photo credit: Piet Spaans)
Four people were being treated in a Nahariya hospital Thursday after being bitten by venomous snakes overnight. One of them - a three-year-old boy - was in serious condition. The toddler was bitten while sleeping in his mother's bed in Nahariya. The mother said she felt something cold and damp slither by her in bed, but thought she was dreaming. When her son began screaming seconds later, she lifted the sheets and saw the snake. The child was evacuated to hospital where he was treated with anti venom. However, his life was still in danger, doctors said. Meanwhile, a 14-year-old from Sakhnin arrived at the same hospital after also being bitten in bed, and was in moderate condition. Earlier, a 19-year-old soldier and 34-year-old woman were brought to the hospital in light condition after they too suffered snakebites.