Hamas's attack on the Kerem Shalom crossing Saturday morning, in which 13 soldiers were wounded, is one "the likes of which we have not seen since the disengagement," OC Southern Command Maj.-Gen Yoav Galant said Saturday - referring to Israel's pullout from the Gaza Strip in 2005. In saying so, Galant cited the well-coordinated nature of the attack, and Hamas's attempt "to execute mass-killings and abductions" through it. The Gaza commander said that a potential disaster had been prevented thanks to the quick response of the soldiers at the scene. Galant added that Hamas was "harming the interest of the Palestinians themselves, by attack crossings which are the humanitarian lifelines of Gaza." Former deputy defense minister Ephraim Sneh said the incident revealed "the true face of Hamas, which is [itself] creating the blockade on Gaza's people." Sneh said the attack exposed the fact that the organization could not provide for the needs of Gaza's population and was thus a temporary ruler only. Israel must prevent the Egyptians from opening the Rafah crossing, Sneh stated, as it would become a "weapons freeway for Hamas." "At some point there will be no choice but to enter the Gaza Strip militarily, but only when we have an exit plan," he added.