Hippopotamus who swallows a ball dies in J'lem Zoo

A 30-year-old hippopotamus died last week at the Jerusalem Zoo after swallowing a small children's ball, zoo officials said this weekend. The hippo had been on anti-biotic medicine after showing signs of weakness the days before he died, but zoo officials were unable to carry out an x-ray on the animal due to its size. An autopsy later uncovered the ball in his stomach athough it was not clear how the ball got in his cage. Hippos can live into their forty's.