Hours after a fatal barrage of mortar shells fired from Gaza killed an Israeli man in a kibbutz in the western Negev, IAF warplanes struck back, killing five terrorists and injuring four Islamic Jihad operatives during air strikes on Hamas police stations in the Gaza Strip, Hamas officials said early Saturday morning. The IDF confirmed the air strikes and said they were in retaliation for attacks on Israel, including the deadly mortar fire by Palestinian gunmen on Kfar Aza. Hamas' military wing, Izzadin Kassam, announced Saturday morning that the Saturday morning mortar and Kassam fire on the western Negev was a response to the IAF's overnight attack. Earlier on Friday, the Israeli delegation to the United Nations presented a complaint to UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon and the Security Council regarding the ceaseless Palestinian rocket fire against Israel. The letter requested that the UN denounce all acts of terror, and implored the council not to sit idly by whilst Israeli citizens are subject to terror attacks. The petition was issued after 48-year-old Jimmy Kedushim, father of four, was killed when a mortar shell landed in the front yard of his house in Kibbutz Kfar Aza. Hamas radio had announced Friday evening that the group was responsible for the mortar fire. Abu Obeida, a spokesman for Hamas' military wing, said that terrorists had targeted a military position. Asked if the deadly attack wouldn't make it more difficult to conclude a truce, he replied, "we will continue to fire until the last moment" before a truce is completed. Also responding to the attacks, Israeli government spokesman David Baker stated that "Hamas is clearly in control of the Gaza Strip and responsible for all hostile fire into Israel. We hold it accountable for today's attack and the murder of our civilians."