print
gohome
Print Edition
Ambulance (illustrative).(Photo by: REUTERS)
Three infants die of smoke inhalation in Rahat fire
By YASSER OKBI/ MAARIV HASHAVUA
01/02/2016
The fire erupted in an apartment in the town’s 27th district. Magen David Adom paramedics attempted to resuscitate the girls, but to no avail.
Two infant girls and a boy, whose ages range from a year to four years old died late Saturday after a fire tore through their home in the Negev town of Rahat.

Two of the girls were rushed to a local clinic in critical condition after inhaling smoke.

The fire erupted in an apartment in the town’s 27th district. Magen David Adom paramedics attempted to resuscitate the girls, but to no avail.

The third victim, a three-year-old girl, was rushed to Soroka University Medical Center in Beersheba in critical condition. Attempts to resuscitate her were not successful.

Police are investigating the circumstances of the blaze.

“When we arrived at the clinic, it was a difficult sight to see,” said Najib Sa’ana, an MDA paramedic. “We saw the medical staff try to revive three infant girls who were unconscious and who were not breathing and had no pulse. Their faces were covered with soot.”
print gohome
JPost.com: Arab-Israeli Conflict | Israel News | Diaspora | Middle East | Opinion | Premium | Blogs | Not Just News | Edition Francaise | Green Israel

Copyright © 2014 Jpost Inc. All rights reserved • Terms of UsePrivacy Policy