Netanyahu visits Military Intelligence base.
(photo credit: KOBI GIDEON/GPO)
Hamas knows full well Israel will not tolerate a “drizzle” of rocket and mortar fire from Gaza, and for that reason announced it had arrested those responsible for Tuesday night’s Kassam rocket attack, Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu said on Wednesday.
Netanyahu, speaking during a visit to a Military Intelligence base, said that Hamas made clear it was committed to the cease-fire that went into effect on August 26.
During the visit Netanyahu was briefed by Military Intelligence head Maj.-Gen.
Aviv Kochavi and, according to a statement put out by his office, thanked him and his soldiers for their contributions during Operation Protective Edge.
“The information brought from the Intelligence branch was a significant asset contributing to the blows that Hamas absorbed,” he said.
The statement did not mention whether Netanyahu related during the visit to the letter of refusal to serve signed by a group of 43 reservists in the IDF’s 8200 signals intelligence unit last week.