Guam governor says North Korea's talk of revenge is no threat

By REUTERS
August 9, 2017 08:57
Breaking news

Breaking news. (photo credit: JPOST STAFF)

GUAM - The governor of Guam said on Wednesday North Korea's warning of a possible missile strike on the US Pacific territory was no threat and the island was prepared for "any eventuality," with defenses strategically placed to protect its people.

"Guam is American soil ... We are not just a military installation," said Governor Eddie Calvo.

Calvo said in an online video message he had contacted the White House and had been told by the defense and homeland security departments there was no change in the threat level.

He said he would convene a meeting with Guam's military commander and first responders to discuss their state of readiness.


Related Content

Breaking news
February 22, 2018
11 Palestinians arrested overnight by security forces

By JPOST.COM STAFF

Israel Weather
  • 9 - 22
    Beer Sheva
    10 - 20
    Tel Aviv - Yafo
  • 9 - 16
    Jerusalem
    11 - 19
    Haifa
  • 17 - 25
    Elat
    12 - 22
    Tiberias