N. Korea threatens military action if South continues loudspeaker broadcasts

By REUTERS
August 20, 2015 13:53

SEOUL - North Korea warned of military action should South Korea continue anti-Pyongyang propaganda broadcasts along their shared border, the South's defense ministry said on Thursday, telling Seoul to halt the loudspeaker broadcasts within 48 hours.

In a statement, the South's defense ministry said North Korea's armed forces sent a letter around 5 p.m., calling the South's propaganda broadcasts a "major challenge" to the North.

South Korea said it fired tens of artillery rounds towards North Korea on Thursday after the North fired a projectile towards a South Korean loudspeaker that had been blaring the propaganda.


Related Content

Breaking news
April 22, 2018
ISIS claims responsibility for Kabul blast

By REUTERS

Israel Weather
  • 12 - 22
    Beer Sheva
    15 - 20
    Tel Aviv - Yafo
  • 11 - 19
    Jerusalem
    15 - 20
    Haifa
  • 17 - 29
    Elat
    14 - 27
    Tiberias