Qatar says Gulf crisis has no impact on World Cup preparations

By REUTERS
June 15, 2017 18:06




Breaking news

Breaking news. (photo credit:JPOST STAFF)

DOHA - Qatar said on Thursday a rift with fellow Gulf Arab states that included economic sanctions on Doha had not affected its preparations to host the 2022 World Cup, adding that alternative sources for construction materials had been secured.

"I can confirm to everybody that there is absolutely no impact on the progress of work in the Mondial facilities and that work is proceeding normally," said Ghanim al-Kuwari, executive director at the Qatari committee overseeing preparations for the World Cup.

Related Content
Breaking news
October 23, 2017
Suicide bomber kills 13 others in northeast Nigerian city

By REUTERS

Israel Weather
  • 14 - 28
    Beer Sheva
    18 - 27
    Tel Aviv - Yafo
  • 14 - 24
    Jerusalem
    18 - 25
    Haifa
  • 20 - 30
    Elat
    18 - 29
    Tiberias