Report: Bodies of Egyptians killed by ISIS in Libya recovered

By REUTERS
October 7, 2017 01:12




Breaking news

Breaking news. (photo credit:JPOST STAFF)

TRIPOLI - The bodies of 21 Egyptian Christians killed by Islamic State in its former Libyan stronghold of Sirte have been recovered, the attorney general's office said on Friday.

The bodies were found in the same orange jumpsuits the victims were wearing when they were filmed being killed in the coastal city in February 2015, according to a statement provided to Libya's Al-Ahrar TV channel.

Sadiq al-Sour, the head of investigations for the attorney general's office, said last week that the area where the bodies were buried had been identified after a captured commander gave details of its whereabouts.

Islamic State took control of Sirte in 2015 and lost the city late last year to local forces backed by US air strikes.

Related Content
Breaking news
October 17, 2017
Fighting in Libyan capital temporarily shuts down flights

By REUTERS

Israel Weather
  • 16 - 28
    Beer Sheva
    17 - 27
    Tel Aviv - Yafo
  • 17 - 24
    Jerusalem
    17 - 27
    Haifa
  • 20 - 30
    Elat
    19 - 31
    Tiberias