Spanish police confirm Barcelona attack suspect shot dead

By REUTERS
August 21, 2017 19:35
Breaking news

Breaking news. (photo credit: JPOST STAFF)

BARCELONA - Spanish police confirmed on Monday that Younes Abouyaaqoub, the man suspected of driving the van that killed 13 people in Barcelona last week, has been shot dead.

Police shot Abouyaaqoub, who was wearing a fake explosives belt, near Subirats west of Barcelona after a woman alerted them to the presence of a suspicious man.

Police, who have been hunting for Abouyaaqoub since last Thursday's attack, said earlier on Monday that he had killed another man while stealing a car to make his escape after the attack on Las Ramblas boulevard.


Related Content

Breaking news
April 25, 2018
Russia says expects to sign deal with India on S-400 missiles sale

By REUTERS

Israel Weather
  • 13 - 22
    Beer Sheva
    16 - 21
    Tel Aviv - Yafo
  • 12 - 19
    Jerusalem
    15 - 23
    Haifa
  • 18 - 28
    Elat
    16 - 29
    Tiberias