Sydney Jewish Museum evacuated after bomb threat

By JTA
February 28, 2017 15:42




Breaking news

Breaking news. (photo credit:JPOST STAFF)

SYDNEY — The Sydney Jewish Museum was evacuated  following a bomb threat.

The bomb threat was received by museum staff on Tuesday.

All staff at the neighboring building housing the New South Wales Jewish Board of Deputies, Jewish Communal Appeal and United Israel Appeal also were evacuated. Police and security officials searched the buildings and allowed staff to reenter two and a half hours later.

The New South Wales Jewish Board  of Deputies cancelled its monthly plenum following a decision to allow the staff to go home early.

The museum, dedicated to documenting and teaching the history and lessons of the Holocaust, announced the launch of its new photo exhibition last week.

NSW Jewish Board of Deputies CEO Vic Alhadeff told JTA that the building was evacuated by police as a “precaution.”


Related Content
Breaking news
November 20, 2017
Tillerson says North Korea designation aimed at third parties

By REUTERS

Israel Weather
  • 11 - 23
    Beer Sheva
    15 - 22
    Tel Aviv - Yafo
  • 11 - 19
    Jerusalem
    16 - 21
    Haifa
  • 14 - 27
    Elat
    15 - 25
    Tiberias