Tillerson says Saudi Arabia not ready for talks with Qatar on Gulf crisis

By REUTERS
October 22, 2017 21:11
Breaking news

Breaking news. (photo credit: JPOST STAFF)

DOHA - Saudi Arabia is not yet ready to begin direct talks with Doha to resolve the nearly five-month diplomatic and trade cutoff affecting Qatar, U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said on Sunday.

"There is not a strong indication that the parties are ready to talk yet," Tillerson said of discussions he had earlier in the day in Riyadh with Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman aimed at overcoming the row.


Related Content

Breaking news
February 25, 2018
Six Palestinians arrested overnight by security forces

By JPOST.COM STAFF

Israel Weather
  • 12 - 22
    Beer Sheva
    12 - 19
    Tel Aviv - Yafo
  • 11 - 17
    Jerusalem
    12 - 18
    Haifa
  • 16 - 26
    Elat
    13 - 21
    Tiberias